What a weekend! My mom came over from Naples, and we flew up to NY together on Friday - to see my Grandma - Newell's great grandma, Aunt Jane, Uncle Billie, Aunt Bonnie, Uncle Dave, Jenny, Laura, Danny, and Aunt Carol and Uncle Ronnie! It was so great to see everyone - I hadn't been up to NY for YEARS - I think, literally, 7! That is way too many! Anyway, we had lots of luck - on the way up there, Baby Newell's first flight, we got upgraded! So it was fun for Baby Newell to fly first class on his first flight! He was perfect - didn't let out a peep! I was so happy and ready for the visit - first we went to my Grandma's house - which has been in our family for about 80 years . . . and had lunch with my Gram.
Then we went back to Aunt Jane's house and hung out - it was great. Then on Sat we went to pick up my cousin Jenny, and she was good for tons of laughs - of course! Then we had a big cook out Saturday night - and Uncle Billie special, and Grandma and Aunt Carol and Uncle Ron came over. It was fun seeing and catching up with everyone! Then on Sunday, my Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Dave came before we had to leave for the airport . . . everyone just loved on Baby Newell! These are some happy great Aunts! 
Then we went back to Aunt Jane's house and hung out - it was great. Then on Sat we went to pick up my cousin Jenny, and she was good for tons of laughs - of course! Then we had a big cook out Saturday night - and Uncle Billie special, and Grandma and Aunt Carol and Uncle Ron came over. It was fun seeing and catching up with everyone! Then on Sunday, my Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Dave came before we had to leave for the airport . . . everyone just loved on Baby Newell! These are some happy great Aunts! 
On the way home, we didn't have as good a trip . . . we were a bit delayed, and Newell had some CHOICE timing about a big #2 . . . and was more fussy on the plane, even though everyone around us said that he was a good boy . . .
My mom and I were both EXHAUSTED when we got home!!!! I am not sure about this 'infant in arms' flying - It was a great visit - but I am certainly not looking to get on a plane ANYTIME soon!!!! It is SOOOO good to be home, and Newell and I were so happy to be with Daddy/Lincoln again, and sleep in our own beds!!
This long weekend coming up, Linc and I are planning to do some work around the house! I am excited! September 2nd Newell will be 6 months old! I can't believe it! Time sure flies!

2 comments:
Great pics!!! Glad he was such a good boy on the plane! More pics! More pics! Can't wait to see you guys again, even thought it won't be until Christmas! I miss you guys... :) Kiss on him for me!
These are great pics and those are DEFINITELY some happy Aunts :) Hopefully we're flying to see grandma in November...I hope it goes as well as your trip did!
Post a Comment